The art of the twentieth century is difficult to imagine without such an iconic artist as Kazimir Malevich. It was he who at one time visually reflected all the distortions and paradoxes of humanity for the whole world.
Malevich sought to reveal art from different angles. In the painting "Peasants", which subsequently laid the foundation for a whole cycle about a complex peasant life, three ordinary working peasants are shown. At the very beginning of the development of this topic, the artist believed that the life of a “peasant from a village” was easy and simple, because you do not need to know thousands of sciences, as well as an incredible amount of grammar rules. Only after arriving in the fields where the peasants worked hard, he realizes that they live much more difficult.
Malevich decides to attract an audience to the problems of the peasantry and creates a unique picture “Peasants”. Heroes are purposely shown in the same plane with hypertrophied figures to enhance images. There is no hint of detailing any parts, only the only symbolism of colors:
· The blue color that fills most of the canvas means simplicity of the soul, openness to the world and constancy of spirit
· Yellow-brown shade - belonging and relationship with the earth and the environment
· Green color in the center, harmoniously blending in between symmetrical white, - indicates a symbol of balance, the cyclical nature of life and proximity to nature.
· Black color - a characteristic mask that covered all faces with black shroud and preventing any details from being seen. This difficulty means color, the aimlessness of life in this world and the constant struggle against the upper classes, despite the abolition of serfdom.
· White color is presented as a symbol of hope for the future, harmoniously blending into the cycle of all life and the image itself. Bright clothes mean moving forward in order to make nature pointless, which would mean a chance for purification from all worldly things.
But enlightenment is difficult, and not everyone in this world has been given. Red color means difficulties and obstacles that will have to be overcome in order to find the place where a cloudless sky and “white” freedom await.
Giving symbolism to the picture, Malevich achieved a great result than his artist friends. His canvas can be analyzed for hours, and each time to discover something new.
Painting Vasily Vereshchagin Apotheosis of War